People say memories fade, but they don’t.
Memories need to be cherished.
Memories need to shared.
It was sunset that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrise that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again. – A J Lawless
To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat. – Beverley Nicholas
Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart. – Haruki Murakami
Our glories float between the Earth and heaven like clouds which seem pavilions of the sun. – Edward George Earl Bulwer Laytton.
The age of innocence is fading like and old dream. – Age of innocence
“Memory is a photograph taken by the heart”
Empower yourself in the workplace. Because there are more soul-crushing things than hating your job.
so, it’s up to us to make the best things and try to improve them. This is what I learned from my current job.
- Take one work at a time – Because it’s not possible to do all the things at once.
- When your boss is unpredictably moody – when he/she starts to rant, take a few deep breath and let them finish. (I imagine them as a possessed creature from a horror movie to avoid mood disorder)
- When your manager plays favourites – if you’re the favourite, look for opportunities. if you’re not the boss’ favourite but you like the job and want to improve, initiate a conversation about what else you can do to improve performance. Don’t just sit and avoid.
- When there’s low morale throughout the organisation – It’s very hard to stay focused and motivated when your colleague constantly talks about how much they hate working at your organisation. It’s very hard to Survive in negative work culture. So, just try to stay focused on your work and adopt a positive attitude towards work, Colleague, everyday challenges or whatever life brings you.
- When no one accepts accountability – it’s worse to have everyone on your team pointing fingers at you. so it’s up to you to maintain deadline and create a check and balance system to hold yourself.
I work in an association. where I have 5 bosses and have to deal with 5 different minds every day. but I like what I do. Only people around me makes it difficult to survive. But working in such a challenging environment makes you strong. So, i just face the reality head – on. (And someday I am like “I may look calm, but inside my mind, I’ve killed you 20 times, in 5 minutes, in 20 different ways”)
“Because sometimes carrying on, just carrying on is the superhuman achievement.”- Albert Camus.
“Habit allows us to go from ‘before’ to ‘after,’ to make life easier and better. Habit is Notorious – and rightly so – for its ability to direct our actions, even against our will; but by mindfully shaping our habits, we can harness the power of mindlessness as a sweeping force for serenity, energy, and growth.” Gretchen Rubin
I had a strange dream last night,
ghost and silhouettes,
waiting for me in an empty room,
heart full of wildfires burning,
saying ‘I love you’ to my favourite human one last time
they shouted, ”Wake up”
and I lied in bed, trembling.
Sigh… ‘Nightmare’ – Qualm
I am feeling you in a dream, a place you can stay forever,
The quiet in the morning before either of us speak
Your hand in my hands,
I want to build a bookshelf for all your thoughts
I wouldn’t know the first thing about starting,
But you want me to learn cooking (Cake, ice cream, pizza, pav bhaji)
Won’t you wait? Won’t you stay?
until sunset, before we turn out the lights and close our eyes.
I want to lay here with you till you say Final goodbye.
I want to have one last dream tonight.
I want to have one last kiss tonight.
Won’t you wait? Won’t you stay?
It’s a Pink Pink world
I feel pink, I speak pink
I dream pink, I cry pink
I crave pink, I ruminate pink
But now I’m being paranoid …!
I know what Pink is all about.
A fantasy world, A world of illusion.
But that’s alright, That’s okay because it’s hallucination.