Empower yourself in the workplace. Because there are more soul-crushing things than hating your job.
so, it’s up to us to make the best things and try to improve them. This is what I learned from my current job.
- Take one work at a time – Because it’s not possible to do all the things at once.
- When your boss is unpredictably moody – when he/she starts to rant, take a few deep breath and let them finish. (I imagine them as a possessed creature from a horror movie to avoid mood disorder)
- When your manager plays favourites – if you’re the favourite, look for opportunities. if you’re not the boss’ favourite but you like the job and want to improve, initiate a conversation about what else you can do to improve performance. Don’t just sit and avoid.
- When there’s low morale throughout the organisation – It’s very hard to stay focused and motivated when your colleague constantly talks about how much they hate working at your organisation. It’s very hard to Survive in negative work culture. So, just try to stay focused on your work and adopt a positive attitude towards work, Colleague, everyday challenges or whatever life brings you.
- When no one accepts accountability – it’s worse to have everyone on your team pointing fingers at you. so it’s up to you to maintain deadline and create a check and balance system to hold yourself.
I work in an association. where I have 5 bosses and have to deal with 5 different minds every day. but I like what I do. Only people around me makes it difficult to survive. But working in such a challenging environment makes you strong. So, i just face the reality head – on. (And someday I am like “I may look calm, but inside my mind, I’ve killed you 20 times, in 5 minutes, in 20 different ways”)
“Because sometimes carrying on, just carrying on is the superhuman achievement.”- Albert Camus.